Link Oregon is a federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) Oregon non-profit organization—a consortium of the State of Oregon, through its Enterprise Information Services, and Oregon’s four largest research universities: Oregon State University, OHSU, Portland State University, and the University of Oregon. Link Oregon provides high-speed, resilient, middle-mile, fiber broadband connectivity to our state’s public and non-profit sectors.
Link Oregon seeks to enhance research, education, healthcare, and access to public services and information across the state by supporting K-12 and higher education, university research, libraries, public healthcare organizations, Tribal facilities and other public and non-profit organizations statewide. Learn more.
Check out our newsletter:
- Legislative Session Successes: Broadband & Cybersecurity July 27, 2023 - The 83rd Oregon Legislature declared “sine die” (the conclusion of the legislative session) on June 25, just hours before the…
- Link Oregon Strategic Plan June 26, 2023 - The Board of Directors adopted Link Oregon’s first strategic plan in April 2023. The plan was developed in consultation with…
- When it Comes to Broadband, all Middle-Mile Fiber is Not the Same! October 14, 2021 - Our nation is making significant, multi-billion dollar investments in broadband connectivity and is poised to commit to even larger sums…
- Announcing the Oregon Broadband Middle-Mile Futures Report August 25, 2021 - The Oregon Broadband Middle-Mile Infrastructure Planning Group’s new report offers actionable recommendations to ensure a robust broadband middle-mile network for…
- On Research Data in Action: Broadband Support for Disaster Early Warning Systems September 14, 2020 - The 2020 wildfire season exploded well ahead of schedule this year under conditions of record low humidity, extreme winds, and…
- On R&E Network Support for the COVID-19 Western States Pact July 1, 2020 - Five Research & Education Networks Collaborate during Chaotic Times for Better Broadband On April 13, 2020, California Governor Gavin Newsom,…
- Cybersecurity, Redundancy, and Resilience in the time of COVID-19 May 4, 2020 - By Kevin Bohan, Link Oregon Network Architect In the midst of this global pandemic, the likes of which hasn’t been…
- Read the 2023 Spring / Summer Link Oregon Connector (Newsletter)
Enjoy news, activities, and pictures for and about the Link Oregon community!
Check it out now!
- 2023 Annual Member Meeting
Thanks to all who attended our annual member meeting on June 28th. A special thanks to our fantastic presenters. The meeting recording, presentation decks, and other materials are available here.
- RESOURCES: Blogs, News Releases, Publications, and more…
Our RESOURCES page features links to:
- Blog posts
- News Releases
- Presentation Materials
- The LINK OREGON Connector (Newsletter) Archive
- and more!
- Join Link Oregon!
Link Oregon is a member-based organization. We provide high-speed, cost-effective, fiber broadband services to Oregon-based public and non-profit organizations. Learn how Link Oregon can enhance broadband Internet connectivity for your organization.
Board meetings are open to the public. Beginning January 2024, Board meetings will be held on the 4th Monday of each month, 3:00-4:30pm. If you would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Zoom link. To request an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations, contact email@example.com at least 3 business days prior to the meeting date.
Link Oregon in the Community
Mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security (MANRS) is an initiative to greatly improve the security and resilience of the Internet’s global routing system. MANRS-compliant network operators such as Link Oregon demonstrate a commitment to improving security and developing a culture of collective responsibility by implementing well-established industry best practices and technological solutions that can address the most common threats. Learn more at https://www.manrs.org/netops/.