Link Oregon is a federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) Oregon non-profit organization—a consortium of the State of Oregon, through its Enterprise Information Services, and Oregon’s four largest research universities: Oregon State University, OHSU, Portland State University, and the University of Oregon. Link Oregon provides high-speed, resilient, middle-mile, fiber broadband connectivity to our state’s public and non-profit sectors.
Link Oregon seeks to enhance research, education, healthcare, and access to public services and information across the state by supporting K-12 and higher education, university research, libraries, public healthcare organizations, Tribal facilities and other public and non-profit organizations statewide. Learn more.
Check out our newsletter:
- Summary: 2022 Link Oregon Member Meeting July 14, 2022 - June 28, 2022 We’re pleased to provide the following summary of Link Oregon’s Annual Member Meeting, a robust 2-hour virtual…
- Take the FASTER INTERNET OREGON Speed Test Now! May 30, 2022 - Take the Faster Internet Oregon Speed Test and help Oregon get broadband funding!
- When it Comes to Broadband, all Middle-Mile Fiber is Not the Same! October 14, 2021 - Our nation is making significant, multi-billion dollar investments in broadband connectivity and is poised to commit to even larger sums…
- Announcing the Oregon Broadband Middle-Mile Futures Report August 25, 2021 - The Oregon Broadband Middle-Mile Infrastructure Planning Group’s new report offers actionable recommendations to ensure a robust broadband middle-mile network for…
- On Research Data in Action: Broadband Support for Disaster Early Warning Systems September 14, 2020 - The 2020 wildfire season exploded well ahead of schedule this year under conditions of record low humidity, extreme winds, and…
- On R&E Network Support for the COVID-19 Western States Pact July 1, 2020 - Five Research & Education Networks Collaborate during Chaotic Times for Better Broadband On April 13, 2020, California Governor Gavin Newsom,…
- Cybersecurity, Redundancy, and Resilience in the time of COVID-19 May 4, 2020 - By Kevin Bohan, Link Oregon Network Architect In the midst of this global pandemic, the likes of which hasn’t been…
- Summary of HB 3201: Regarding Broadband
House Bill 3201, sponsored by Representative MARSH, Senator WOODS, Representatives OWENS, NERON, Senator CAMPOS, and Representative NOSSE, requires Oregon Business Development Department to provide financial assistance to support broadband access, affordability, and adoption. It makes Broadband Fund permanent and expands permitted uses of the moneys in that fund. It requires Oregon Broadband Advisory Council (OBAC) to include in its biennial report an evaluation of the continuing need for a temporary grant or loan program to support broadband service infrastructure planning and development projects and digital literacy, inclusion and adoption.
For more information on HB 3201, see: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB3201
- Summary of HB 2049: Oregon Cybersecurity
House Bill (HB) 2049 does the following:
- Transfers Oregon Cybersecurity Advisory Council from office of Enterprise Information Services to Oregon Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.
- Establishes Oregon Cybersecurity Center of Excellence within Portland State University to supplement activities of State Chief Information Officer regarding cybersecurity.
- Establishes Oregon Cybersecurity Center of Excellence Operating Fund.
- Establishes Oregon Cybersecurity Workforce Development Fund.
- Establishes Oregon Cybersecurity Grant Program Fund.
- Establishes Oregon Cybersecurity Public Awareness Fund.
For more information, see: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2049
- Read the Fall 2022 Link Oregon Connector (Newsletter)
Hot off the press! The Fall 2022 overview of news, accomplishments, activities, and pictures for and about the Link Oregon community! Read it now…
- Podcast: Steve Corbató interviewed by Connected Nation about Link Oregon’s mission & progress…
Steve Corbató discusses Link Oregon’s roots, purpose, and progress in bringing a robust middle-mile fiber broadband network to Oregon’s public and non-profit sectors with Connected Nation’s Jessica Denson. Listen now! (Sept. 23, 2021)
- RESOURCES: Blogs, News Releases, Publications, and more…
Our RESOURCES page features links to:
- Blog posts
- News Releases
- Presentation Materials
- The LINK OREGON Connector (Newsletter) Archive
- and more!
- Join Link Oregon!
Link Oregon is a member-based organization. We provide high-speed, cost-effective, fiber broadband services to Oregon-based public and non-profit organizations. Learn how Link Oregon can enhance broadband Internet connectivity for your organization.
Check out our MEMBERSHIP Page. If you’d like more information, please fill out the Membership Inquiry Form or simply email us, and we will get in touch. JOIN US!
To request an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days prior to the meeting date.